Janet M. Mutua
Janet Mwikali Mutua was admitted to the bar in the year 2002, She graduated from the University of Nairobi, with a Bachelor of Laws, 2:1 (Second Class Honours, Upper Division) 1994-1998; and a Post Graduate Diploma from Kenya School of Law, in the year 1999-2000;
She is a certified mediator under the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators-certified on mediation in 2012 and Mediation Training Institute (MTI) Certificate in Professional Mediation in 2013
JM acquired a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from University of Liverpool) between the year 2013 – 2016
Advanced Family Mediation Course – Certificate on Family Mediation – 2017
- Member, Christian Lawyers Fellowship
- Active Member LSK, Commissioner for oaths & Notary Public
- Member, National Council for law Reporting 2015 to-date
- Vice Chairman, Law Society of Kenya, South Eastern Branch-2015 to-date.
- Member, LSK Ethics Committee- 2012-2014
- Member FIDA
- Associate CIARB
- Member KIM
- Member, Miwani AIC, Local Church Council
- Member, BOM-Machakos Girls High School 2015 to-date
J.M Mutua today is the Managing partner, Head-commercial and conveyance Department. She has along her practice years as an advocate of the High Court of Kenya made some major contributions for instance she has;-
- Successfully advised the World Bank doing Business group, on the creation of jobs, leading to the publication of the World Bank, Doing Business 2006, and creating jobs where she was issued with a certificate. Details of the contributions have since been published on http:/www.doingbusiness.org.
- Successfully advised restructuring of Kenya Tea Development Agency Ltd leading to a revamped and re- energized management of the Tea industry in Kenya.
- Successfully provided team leadershipin d ebt verification and audit for National Water Conservation & Pipeline Corporation, in the Eastern Kenya Region;
- As In-charge of litigation, commercial and general practice Department, succeeded in streamlining the department, and conclusion of half of pending litigation whilst in B M Musau & Co. Advocates & J.M Mutua & co.
- Competently provided on-call opinion for international clientele, effectively increasing international client base by a margin of about 60%; and
- Integrally involved in budgeting and policy development decisions, including recruitment and training of new staff.
- Competently and instrumental in giving legal services to Kenya Commercial Bank Ltd, both in litigation and conveyance.
- Competently and actively involved in cooperative movements currently representing many cooperatives especially Masaku Teachers SACCO leading to be voted as the best SACCO in Kenya 2012.
- Actively participating in civic education during and in the process of enactment of the Kenyan Constitution 2010 particularly in the Eastern Region.
- Competently and effectively offered legal services to Kyanzavi Co. Ltd Co. on debt management, agricultural law and property management.
- Pro-bono lawyer on child law, family law and effectively applying the mediation process in settling family related disputes.
- Actively involved in social activities, school managements and church leadership-AIC & CCK